Friday, November 12, 2010

Integrating Technology into the Classroom

I found an interesting article while browsing the internet about the integration of technology into the school system. "Integrating Technology into the Classroom", is an interesting article about different ways to integrate technology into instruction daily. "Six years ago, the internet was limited both in what it could do and in who used it. Many people had heard the word but did not have a clue what it was".In today's day and age internet has become more popular. Most teachers have access to the internet not only at home but at school as well. It is important that educators are now familiar with the internet and this new technology because they are being required to integrate this technology into the classroom.

The article states that one of the number 1 reasons to use the internet in the classroom is for research. When researching certain topics there are times when the librarian may not have the information needed. Research is an important part of education because it gives you the opportunity to learn more about a topic or individual. Another way to integrate technology into the classroom is to have your students create web page. This is a fun and engaging activities that the students will love. You can use this web page as a way for students to post assignments and projects to share with their classmates. 

The article also talks about the importance of showing students how to find credible research information and assess if the information is valid. This is something that I feel is very important because their is so much information on the internet when researching a topic, how will they know what information is valid. This is something that I can remember was always a problem for me when researching a topic. I am a fan of Google and when I would search a topic I would find a variety of websites. I never knew which information was credible and which information wasn't. This is why I feel so strongly about teaching my students how to assess websites. All and all I enjoyed reading this article. I found valuable information that will help me when I begin teaching.

Retrieved from: http://712educators.about.com/cs/technology/a/integratetech.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment