Friday, November 19, 2010

Integrating Technology and Science

"Integrating Technology and Science", is an article that caught my attention immediately just because of the name. Science is a subject that isn't focused on as much as other subjects. This is why I feel that integrating technology into this subject is so important. This article talks about different ways technology can be integrated into a science lesson. Growing up I know I wasn't a big fan of science. For some reason I couldn't get into it. I feel that by intgrating technology into these science lessons it will motivate students. It will always provide a way to keep students interested in the science lessons.

One activity talked about in the article is something that a first grade teacher did with her class and I felt it was very creative. She  took pictures with a digital camera while students investigated balancing paper crayfish with clothespins. She then put the photographs into a PowerPoint slide show. The next day, students recounted their experiments by flipping through the slide show took pictures with a digital camera while students investigated balancing paper crayfish with clothespins. She then put the photographs into a PowerPoint slide show. The next day, students recounted their experiments by flipping through the slide show. I feel that this is something that I know students will enjoy and have fun with. This is something that I plan on trying with my students in the future.

An activity that I want to try with m students is to have them observe butterflys and create an PowerPoint presentation to present to the class. This is something that I feel my students will enjoy. All and all I enjoyed the article and plan on incorporating these activities into my future classroom.

Retreived from: http://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/tech/tech233.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment